Thursday, May 12, 2016

5 Natural Baby Products I Can't Live Without


When I found out I was pregnant (and actually started believing it) the first thing I started doing to prepare was researching my little heart out for the most non-toxic baby products on the market. I learned every company's policies on flame retardant usage, the ingredients of all the popular baby lotions, and even found myself looking at products from Europe due to their much higher standards for baby products. I promise I'm not crazy, but once you get into the nitty gritty of standard chemicals used in everyday products (baby or not) there is no going back to conventional ways.

When you have baby, you soon learn what products and items you actually use and what just sits around and annoys you. This list of products are items we use every single day with the exception of one. (#4 on the list)

1.) Water Wipes

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain why baby wipes with only two ingredients, water and grapefruit extract, are good. There is no reason for there to be any other ingredients in a diaper wipe. They work perfectly, don't smell like the wretched cleaning aisle at Wal-Mart, and most importantly are completely safe and healthy for your sweet babe to absorb into their body.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=water+wipes

2.) Coconut Oil

I love coconut oil. And because it's 2016 and you're a human, I assume you do too. I've used it for years on myself and in my kitchen so it only made sense to try it out on our tiny human. The results? Superb. It takes away the occasional baby acne breakout, heat rashes, and bits of dry skin. Plus, it enhances his already delicious smell. Win.

3.) Essential Oils

I bet you're all shocked by this one. Essential oils save our life! I put diluted Thieves on my little boy's feet to fight all the germs everyone who insists on snuggling his cuteness brings his way. I also use lavender on his feet to promote a good sleep, and frankincense on his back for an upset tummy. I love them and carry diluted roller bottles of them in his diaper bag. They work almost instantly, smell amazing, and when used properly, are completely harmless.

4.) Colic Calm

I bet you didn't know that babies cry. I bet you really didn't know they sometimes cry for reasons you can't explain. It's shocking, I know. This stuff has been a lifesaver for us when I've eaten something that my little one doesn't agree with. It's great if you think something is making your baby uncomfortable in his or her belly.  It's an all natural tonic used to help with gas, hiccups, and tummy issues. It's homeopathic, using charcoal and peppermint as it's active ingredients. Funnily enough, this product is a Walgreen's exclusive... I can't even get it at my local health food store.

5.) Como Tomo Bottles

This is my most recent baby product purchase and I am so pleased with it. This bottle is great for breastfed babies. It's made of food-grade silicone so it's squishy (making it way more comfortable to hold) and has a slow flowing ventilated nipple. Babies have to work a little more (like they do when nursing) reducing spit-up and gassiness.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=como+tomo

What natural products do you love and use on your little ones?






No comments:

Post a Comment