Saturday, May 7, 2016

From Megan to Mama



I'm back. Back to writing and doing what feeds my soul-- sharing with others easy and natural ways they can take care of themselves and their families. This time, however, I'm back with a whole new perspective on it all. I'm a mother now.

My baby boy is almost seven weeks old and it's been the most exhausting, rewarding, amazing, frustrating, and joyous time of my life. I never knew I could love something so much. I never knew that never again would my needs come first, and I never knew I would be completely okay with that.

Leaving the house and a taking showers are now a privilege. My stomach may have stretch marks and I may never again have the laundry completely caught up, but my heart is full. I was blessed with a healthy and happy baby boy who looks so perfectly like his daddy whom I love so much. He laughs and smiles at me when I sing to him. He doesn't care that my eyebrows need waxed, my shirt is stained or that there are dishes in the sink. All he knows is that his mama is there to hold him when he cries, rock him to sleep, meet his endless hunger demands, and love him unconditionally.

Mommin' ain't easy. You never know everything your mom did for you until you're doing the same thing with the tiny human you've been entrusted with. Never judge a mom who is just trying her best. It's a crazy world and we're all just trying to do what we think is right for our babies. When you know better, you do better. Have grace for one another.

It's a new season of life for me, one I'm trying my hardest to fully embrace. I'll be sharing what I learn and hope you will follow along with me through it all.


Thanks for reading and happy mother's day to all you great moms out there. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment